The University of Michigan Health Service , St. Joseph ‘s Hospital and the University of Michigan Hospital will provide full hospital services in the event of injury to a camper. Upon receiving your camp application, each participant will be sent a confirmation letter. Medical consent and insurance forms can be found on the website and must be presented at registration check-in. We will accept a copy of the participant’s annual high school physical. Any illness or injury will be handled by the University of Michigan trainers and doctors. If an applicant has any special health needs, a note of explanation should be included with his/her application.
- Wrestlers will be housed at West Quad. For more information regarding the dormitory, visit the University Housing website.
- You may choose your roommate at check-in on Sunday afternoon. We do not pre-assign dormitory rooms, so if you want to room with someone, please inform the housing staff at Sunday’s check in.
- You and your roommates will be responsible for the condition of your room and the hall/bathrooms in your area. Your room will be checked before you begin your stay, and again on Thursday before you check out. You will be held responsible for any physical damage done to your room before you check out and will be expected to pay for any damages.
- Please mark all your valuables and make sure you keep your door locked at all times.
- Campers will supply their own pillows, bedding, towels, alarm clocks, and fans as needed. Housing provides soap, cup, and bed.
- Each night wrestlers will be confined to the dormitory immediately after the evening session, with lights out at 11:00 p.m. There will be dormitory counselors assigned to each hall for supervision.
- The first meal will be served Monday morning and the last meal will be served Thursday at noon . The Student Union commons will be available for Sunday meals in addition to a variety of local establishments at which campers can purchase meals.
- Wrestlers driving to the camp will park their cars near the Indoor Football building (Oosterbaan Field House) on Sunday evening and turn their keys over to the camp director at that time. The car keys will be returned on Thursday at check out. Absolutely no high school student staying at the camp will drive his car between check-in and Thursday departure. Violations of this rule will result in immediate expulsion from the camp without refund.
- Commuters must purchase their dormitory meals through the University Housing website. This is the only way to purchase meals; the dorm will no longer accept cash.
There is a $50 non-refundable deposit. If an athlete is injured at camp, the balance will be refunded on the prorated basis ( minus the $50 non-refundable deposit). Any balance beyond the $50 non-refundable deposit will be paid upon written or e-mail request.
- Any camper posing a major disciplining problem will be sent home without refund.
- There will be no drugs, alcohol, or tobacco tolerated at the camp. These will be grounds for immediate dismissal from the camp. All campers will be required to follow regular University housing regulations.
- Wrestlers walk to all activities in tennis shoes (carrying wrestling shoes). No wrestlers will be driving to and from sessions except commuters. All street corners will be supervised.
- Wrestlers are required to attend each activity. Roll will be taken and the staff will check for anyone who is missing.
- Wrestlers take showers at West Quad, as it is more convenient. Each wrestler must supply their own workout gear, towels, and any other equipment they may need.
- There are pay washers and dryers in the dormitory, which the campers may use.
- Equipment such as shorts, singlets, and T-shirts will be available for purchase throughout the week. Mark all your equipment in case it is lost.
- A Michigan Wrestling Camp T-shirt will be given to each participant.
- There will be a full line of wrestling equipment available for purchase during the week. A variety of Michigan wrestling workout shirts, caps, shorts, etc., will also be available.
- Headgear and kneepads will also be available for sale. Any additional equipment can be obtained within 24 hours from Cliff Keen Athletics.
Bus, Train, and Airplane Pickups
Detroit Metro Airport is 26 miles from Ann Arbor. There are several transportation options for campers to get to Ann Arbor. We recommend setting up a reservation in advance with MetroCars or AirRide. Please visit www.metroairport.com/transportation/ for complete information.
Check Out Procedure
- Parents may pick up campers at West Quad on Thursday (please note that check out times for the different camps may vary).
- Please check out at West Quad.
- Check out on Thursday will be from 3-5 p. m. Those campers leaving after 5 p.m. must check out of their rooms and wait in the lobby or outside the dormitory.
- Any wrestler planning to check out before 3 p.m. on Thursday (or before 1 p.m. for the Competition Camp) must bring written permission signed by his parent or guardian. Please give this note to the camp check-in staff on Sunday.